An invitation from Singapore Management University School of Law
It is with great pleasure that we inform you that we have launched the call for papers leading up to the 2020 SMU David R Tillinghast Global Taxation Conference. In conjunction with the conference, SMU School of Law invites contributions from academic staff, legal scholars, practitioners, tax administration officials, advisors and postgraduate researchers for possible publication in BEPS 2.0: Voices from a Digital Asia.
Singapore Management University’s School of Law is pleased to announce this call for papers for the 2020 SMU David R Tillinghast Global Taxation Conference. The conference is to be held at the SMU School of Law, Singapore on 31 March and 1 April 2020
The conference is proudly organised by Singapore Management University School of Law, made possible by grant from IFA, and is supported by the OECD Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, University of Lausanne, NYU School of Law International Tax, Tax Academy of Singapore, IBFD, Xiamen University and the UK Chartered Institute of Taxation.
The organising committee welcomes any paper dealing with any of the three categories under the overall conference theme BEPS 2.0: Voices from a Digital Asia:
- Examining/Developing Digital Taxation Principles with an Asian Perspective
- Dealing with Disruption from the Industry and Taxpayers’ Perspective
- Impact of Digitalisation on Tax Policy and Tax Administration
Early proposal of topic:
- Those participating are encouraged to send an informative abstract of not more than 250 words by 30 November 2019;
- Comments will be communicated by 15 January 2020.
Final submissions should:
- Be in English and contain full literary citation of sources; and
- Be in publishable form and submitted with a version in Microsoft Word format;
- Be between 3,500 and 12,000 words in length excluding footnotes.
Prizes & Awards
Submissions may also win:
- OECD – SMU – University of Lausanne Prize for Overall Best Paper
- IBFD – SMU Best Asia Tax Policy Prize
- SMU – Tax Academy of Singapore Best Tax Law/Jurisprudence Prize
- Complimentary admission to the conference for top 2 papers under each category
Please submit articles for this issue via email to Christine Loi at firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2020.
Sam Sim (Co-chairman of David R Tillinghast Conference 2020)
Vincent Ooi (Co-chairman of David R Tillinghast Conference 2020)