The 28th Annual Tax Research Network Conference
9 – 11 September 2019 University of Central Lancashire, Preston
You can register for the conference on the UCLan website here
Venue for the Conference
The conference will be hosted by the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise at the Preston campus of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).
We will be heading out to the 14th Century Samlesbury Hall for the Conference Dinner.
UCLan will be hosting the annual conference of the Society of Legal Scholars in the week preceding the TRN conference (3 – 6 September). We understand that SLS will schedule their tax stream for the end of that week. We hope that many of you will be able to attend both events.
Preston is located next to the M6 motorway and its station lies on the West Coast Mainline with direct services to Manchester Airport, London, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh. UCLan’s campus is a short walk from the station.
Tax Education Day on Wednesday 11 September 2019
We will be building on the success of the Education Day at our 2018 Birmingham conference and are putting together a programme which will be of value to tax educators as well as researchers and scholars.
Complementary and Social events
- Friday 6 September – Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons. UCLan are a sponsor of the Wigan Warriors Rugby League club and we have first refusal on the University’s tickets for this game.
- Sunday 8 September from 7:00pm – Welcome curry at East Z East, Church St, Preston. (Banquet £20 a head, PhD students free)
- Monday 9 September – Women in Tax networking event. At Samlesbury Hall immediately before our conference dinner. You can register for this here. Transport and cream tea provided.
- Wednesday 11 September – Pre-conference Breakfast CPD session, starting at 8:30am. Latest developments in UK taxation including pensions, employment status, and taxation of residential property. Led by Marion Hodgkiss.
- Wednesday 11 September – Blackpool Tower and Illuminations. If you’re still around after the formal close of the conference, please join us for a night out in Blackpool.
We will update this page as the more detailed arrangements are finalised.
In the meantime if you have any suggestions or questions about the Conference or what else to do while you are in Lancashire, do please email the organisers at UCLan: David Massey or Debbie Wood