The 28th Annual Tax Research Network Conference
9 – 11 September 2019 University of Central Lancashire, Preston
You can register for the conference on the UCLan website here
The programme is available here
(Updated Friday 6 September)
Angela Hiney – Head of Tax, Victrex PLC
Martin Davidson – Tax Directorate, Scottish Exchequer
Rupert Seggins – Head of Fully Devolved Tax Forecasting, Scottish Fiscal Commission
Abstracts are available here
Details of how to access full papers will be provided to delegates in the joining instructions
Venue for the Conference
The conference will be hosted by the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise at the Preston campus of the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan).
We will be heading out to the 14th Century Samlesbury Hall for the Conference Dinner.
Preston is located next to the M6 motorway and its station lies on the West Coast Mainline with direct services to Manchester Airport, London, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh. UCLan’s campus is a short walk from the station.
Tax Education Day – Wednesday 11 September
The day will start off with a Breakfast UK tax technical update session led by Marion Hodgkiss. Details are available here
Complementary and Social events
- Friday 6 September – Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons. UCLan are a sponsor of the Wigan Warriors Rugby League club and we have first refusal on the University’s tickets for this game.
- Sunday 8 September from 7:00pm – Welcome curry at East Z East, Church St, Preston. (Banquet £20 a head, PhD students free)
- Monday 9 September – Women in Tax networking event at Samlesbury Hall immediately before our conference dinner. You can register for this here. Transport and cream tea provided.
- Wednesday 11 September – Pre-conference Breakfast CPD session, starting at 8:30am. Latest developments in UK taxation including pensions, employment status, and taxation of residential property. Led by Marion Hodgkiss. Further details are available here
- Wednesday 11 September – Blackpool Tower and Illuminations. If you’re still around after the formal close of the conference, please join us for a night out in Blackpool.
If you have any suggestions or questions about the Conference or what else to do while you are in Lancashire, do please email the organisers at UCLan: David Massey or Debbie Wood