Launch of the Cardiff Interdisciplinary Taxation Research Group
Wednesday June 5th , commencing with light lunch at 12.15pm until 6pm
The Executive Education Suite, Cardiff Business School
Funding for Social Care
Together we will explore the different options available to find the money that Social Care needs to deal with an aging population. Speakers will include:
- Nesta Lloyd-Jones, of NHS Wales Confederation
- Valerie Billingham from Age Cymru
- Jonathan Price, Chief Economist for Welsh Government
- Simon Bottery, a senior fellow at The King’s Fund
This session will be followed by a review of “Policy and Converting Policy into Tax Law”, with presentations from:
- Professor Gerald Holtham, Visiting Professor at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- John Cullinane, Tax Policy Director at Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
These presentations will be followed by a Q and A session with a panel which will include Andy Fraser, Deputy Director, Tax Strategy, Policy and Engagement, and Michael Trickey.
If you would like to attend this event, you may register by following this link.